As I woke up this morning, my very first thought was, "What does it mean to be saved in Christ Jesus?"
- It is by Grace, and grace alone, not by any works
- My sin has been atoned for. I have been bought by the precious blood of Jesus, who died and rose again and now has ascended and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
- I am no longer a slave to sin but now a slave to righteousness
- I stand no longer condemned but forgiven of all my sin in Christ Jesus.
- My Destination is no longer eternal separation from God but eternal life in Christ Jesus.
- God's law is no longer ouside of me but has been written upon my heart.
- I am no longer under the dominion of darkness but in the Kingdom of God.
- I am a new creation in Christ Jesus - the old things passed away, behold new things have come.
- God is now my Father and I am His child
- I am now a citizen of Heaven
- God has placed His Spirit, the Holy Spirit, to indwell me. I am therefore a temple of the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit indwells me and is present to:
Teach me the truth
convict me of sin
counsel me in the way of righteousness
empower me to bear witness of Jesus Christ
Fill me so that I bear fruit of Love, joy, peace, patience...
He has given me gifts so that I may serve in His strength and speak His utterances.
- I am now running a race of faith with my eyes to be fixed on Jesus who is the author and perfector of faith.
- It does not mean that I will not have trials and temptation but it does mean that Christ will be with me to lead me so that I can be an overcomer.
- I have become part of the "called out ones" The Church.
- I am a disciple, a Christ Follower
- I have been made holy in Christ as God is holy.
- I have access to the Throne of grace to pray and seek and make petitions before Him.
- Jesus Christ is now and forever my Lord and King. I no longer live for self but for Christ and Him alone.
These are just a few. Truly this is the Good News that is to be proclaimed in a world lost in darkness and yet amazing Grace is being offered.