People often want to know what kind of church Fellowship Community Church (FCC) is. This is an important question because many in this part of the country are unfamiliar with the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA). If you attend FCC the following is what to expect:
- When you attend an FCC worship service, you will find, we are a church family who are not perfect but serve and worship the Perfect God of all creation, who has made Himself known through His Son, Jesus Christ. We worship the Lord God in song, prayer, the reading of scripture, the preaching and teaching of His word and taking the Lord’s supper once a month (Acts 2:42).
- We believe in the fundamental, orthodox teachings of historic Christianity which can be found in our Statement of Faith.
- Our aim is to lift the name of Jesus high by being empowered through the Holy Spirit. Our purpose is to worship him in spirit and truth, to serve one another through the gifts of the Holy Spirit and to manifest the fruit of the Spirit whether, at home, in our gathering together, at work or on vacation (1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12 and Galatians 5:22-26).
- We are a mission-minded people set on loving God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, and loving one another. We are focused on making Jesus Christ known in our community of Midland, the Permian Basin, the U.S. and throughout the world (Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8).
- We are a people intent on being Spirit-filled and Spirit-led and anchored in the word of God. That does not mean you will find people who have it all figured out but who recognize our continual need for God’s grace and mercy in every area of our lives (Ephesians 5:18, Romans 8:14).
- We are not a people who are content with saying we are Christians but focused on being fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ.