Here are this week's announcements. Please take note , there are a couple changes to the calendar, this is the most up-to-date information. You will notice this announcement is long but this is all need-to-know information, so please, take a moment to read it through.
- There will be a short Greeters Meeting this Sunday, September 18th, immediately following the morning worship service. If you are currently signed up as a greeter or are interested in participating in this ministry, please make plans to stay just few extra minutes.
- Pastor Lonnie will be out of the office Monday, September 19th-21st, and scheduled to return September 22nd. He and Candy along with Jason and Toni Wiggins, will be traveling to Arlington for the ASC District Conference.
- True-Lite Christian Fellowship will be hosting a Marriage Seminar titled, "The Perfect Storm," Thursday, September 22nd-Saturday, September 24th. Cost is $60 per person. Our married couples are all encouraged to attend. Register at truelite.org.
- All members involved in children's ministry are asked to make plans to participate in the Teacher's Training that will be held here on Sunday, October 9th, from 12:30pm-2:30pm. Please speak with Candy Phillips for more information.
- Our quarterly check in is scheduled for Sunday, October 23rd at 6pm. Casserole and Conversation, will be our time to have an open dialog about where we are as a church and where we are going. A sign up to bring your favorite casseroles can be found here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4dadaf2aa7f58-casserole
- The date for our FCC Fall Festival has changed. it will be held Monday, October 31st, from 5:30-8:00pm. We need lots of help. Please sign up to volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4dadaf2aa7f58-fccfall. Planning for this events needs to be underway so please sign up today! Also if you are able to give toward this event, it would be greatly appreciated! We will need plenty of candy, hot dogs and chips! Please keep in mind because of shortages, inventory will likely be much more scarce closer to time of the event.
- We will again host a Thanksgiving Turkey and Jacket Distribution, Saturday, November 12th, beginning at 9am, while supplies last. Last year we were blessed to give Thanksgiving meals and children's jackets to many families in need. It is our prayer that we are able to again provide for some of the physical needs of our neighbors but most importantly to introduce our community to the love of Jesus. This is another event we will need your help! Please sign up to volunteer at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4dadaf2aa7f58-thanksgiving2. We are also beginning to collect jackets. Last year, we ran out before we served our last family so please consider picking up a jacket or two on your next shopping trip. This year we will ONLY be collecting new jackets/coats, no blankets or other clothing please.
- We will be a General Election voting site held on November 8,2022