We in the church office, find the calendar is quickly filling up! Please make sure to take note of the following dates and times and update your personal calendars and check back in weekly for any updated information. All weekly group meetings are anticipated to meet as scheduled this week. You may find these times and places in the church calendar found under the CONNECT tab.
- The Youth Group will be heading to Lubbock next Tuesday, October 12th, for the Toby Mac concert. This concert has been rescheduled 3 times due to Covid so we are excited to finally be able to attend! The group will be leaving the church parking lot by 3pm so if you are a part of the group going, please be sure that you are here no later than 2:45 p.m.
- A Fall Festival sign up sheet for food and candy has been created and can be accessed below.. The festival will be held Sunday, October 31st, from 4-7pm. We are preparing now and beginning to collect for this event. If you are able to help, please sign up! We will also need lots of volunteers with decorated trunks for treating, booth manning, food distribution and just general welcoming and greeting! Last year we had more than 700 people come through our parking lot and we are expecting more this year! Please make plans to help out!
- Following on the heels of our Fall Festival, Saturday, November 13th, from 9-11am (or while supplies last), we will be serving our community by distributing turkey vouchers, canned or non-perishable Thanksgiving foods, jackets blankets and socks. This is a very large undertaking we are praying everyone in the body will get behind! We will begin a drive for these items(minus the turkey vouchers) beginning this Sunday. The amount of families we can serve will really depend on the amount we are able to collect, so please prayerfully consider giving. There will be a large red barrel in the foyer for you to make your donations. In addition to your giving, we will need volunteers to be here to help with the actual distribution on the 13th. We will be sharing the distribution date with the families that come through for the Fall Festival, so the response has the potential to be very large. We will need all hands on deck! If this is something you would like to take part in, please contact Andrea in the church office as soon as possible.
- Our Thanksgiving Pot Luck will be held Sunday, November 14th, immediately following the morning worship service. A sign-up sheet will be created and sent out soon!
- The quarterly church family dinner has been scheduled for Wednesday, November 17th, at 6:30 pm. here at the church. This dinner and discussion time will be in lieu of the regular weekly cell group meetings. It is important that we keep the lines of communication open as important decisions will soon need to be made. Maybe more importantly, it is an opportunity to gather in His name and build relationship in the body. Mark your calendars, and make plans to come! Menu TBD.